To meet the MLR requirements, we need to identify any individuals or owners of any company that we establish a business relationship with. This is essentially ‘know your client’ and is applied to all clients that we provide continuous services to.
To better ‘know our clients’ we may-
- Request that a Client Registration Form is completed
- Request copies of a person’s ID (photo driving licence, passport, utility bills, bank statement etc.)
- Request that certified copies of these documents are provided
- Request to meet the individuals involved in the business relationship
- Conduct identification checks with an identity checking agency
These steps should ensure that we know our clients. However, should we need any further information or identification from you we will contact you to discuss the matter.