To meet the MLR requirements, we need to identify any individuals or owners of any company that we establish a business relationship with. This is essentially ‘know your client’ and is applied to all clients that we provide continuous services to.
To better ‘know our clients’ we may-
- Request that a Client Registration Form is completed
- Request copies of a person’s ID (photo driving licence, passport, utility bills, bank statement etc.)
- Request that certified copies of these documents are provided
- Request to meet the individuals involved in the business relationship
- Conduct identification checks with a checking agency.
These steps should ensure that we know our clients. However, should we need any further information or identification from you we will contact you to discuss the matter.