Small Firms Services has worked hard over the last few weeks to ensure we have procedures in place to maintain mail forwarding services for our customers and to protect the welfare of our employees during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
24 March 2020 – Changes to working
Following the government announcement last night we have now moved to working remotely. Our team are now assisting customers from home. What does this mean to customers?
- We are supporting customers by phone, email and online chat
- Company Formations are still being processed
- New address orders and renewal of services can still be completed online
- Forwarding of mail may be delayed slightly as we are now only accessing the office 3 days per week to limit staff exposure to risk
- Apostille orders can still be received but the government are not currently issuing apostilles so orders will be held until further notice
- Any new orders will be implemented when we access the office
For the foreseeable future customers cannot visit the office. We are happy to assist by phone, email, online chat, online orders and postal applications. It is essential we manage the offices carefully to protect our customers and employees.
If there is any change to the current situation we will update this page with the latest information on processing orders. Please be assured we have robust systems in place to manage any events and to ensure we can still support our customers during the current period.
Thank you for choosing SFS.